Thursday, April 24, 2014

Amanda Palmer inspiration

There is many inspirative people for me and today I have decicded to write about Amanda Palmer.
In a musical way, she is very close to Emilie Autum, I wrote about her last time. Their music is very different, but all theese cabaret and unclassifiable elements makes them very similar. Amanda has her piano and ukulele, Emile has her viollin. About the lyrics... They are also very far and close at once. Both are about us - womans and women's rights. In case of EA it's about attitude of broken suicidal Ophelia, in case of AP it's more about common things, it's not always being hurt. And that makes Amanda's lyrics more understandable.


Boths is very likable for me, but still there is something more about Amanda's lyrics for me. They are more real for me. So, Amanda is one of theese, which inspires me in philosophical way. Of course there is also something about appearence - all theese corsets, stockings, dresses in dark colours, it's always nice to see. Maybe without theese shallow aspects I wouldn't even start with listening her music. But appearance is in this case almost nothing... but not exactly. And we are here. Feminism and my point of view inspired with Amanda. I'm not really interested in woman's rights, I'm actually just selfishly interested in my own individual rights. And just because I am female it's also about women's rights.
And in this kind are thoughts of Amanda Palmer very interesting and close to me. Living next male can be - if you are heterosexual - very big problem for a strong individualistic woman. Relationships often needs compromises between two kinds of characters. And if you are trying to do this compromise, you can easily loose yourself. You are formed in the picture, that is your man making. If he can do this picture easily, he is happy and he loves you. If you won't let him to change your personality, he is unhappy and unloving. So the question is if he loves you or the picture that he is making of you?
Amanda is also known for her hairs. She doesn't shave her... everything I think? And if she does, it's just because she want, not because of society (like almost everyone else). I hate this ideal of beauty. Shaved shiny legs and pussy of six years old girl. It's not natural, it's not normal for body and I can't see any good point in it. Actually... I think if you are shaving almost every day, it's stupid. But if you will shave your legs like one in three months - why not? Let's enjoy this feeling of having free time just for yourself, let's enjoy this feeling of super sexy moment! Because theese moments are just for yourself and that's right. You are not doing this for your boyfriend or for society. Let them think what they think, your body is yours, not their! So if anybody is saying some bullshits against hairs or just someones appearence, I have message for them: FUCK YOU!
And the same thing is when men says that cigarettes and alcohol isn't nice for womans. When it comes to cigarettes, I have diferent opinion. Cigarettes are beautiful! If you don't like your woman because cigatette doesn't suit her, it's better to buy her long elegant cigarette holder than act like angry idiot just becouse she smokes. Alcohol? If you can get drunk as fuck, why we can't? We can! And we are not so fucking agressive that we could hurt anyone when we are drunk. And if mens doesn't like that we are acting like someone else? Meet my true personality which I'm hiding when I am sober :)
There is so many other things to talk about. I wrote just about theese which are just actually touching my relationship life. My rule is be yourself and don't let them change you!

So... "I'd rather be a bitch than be an ordinary broken heart."


Do you know Amanda? What do you think about her not-shaving?

1 comment:

  1. Amanda je strašně skvělá navíc je s Gaimanem další můj hrdina oni jsou můj oblíbený pár. Podle mě je dobře bořit zkostnatělé standarty krásy.

    ReplyDelete