Saturday, June 14, 2014

Czech dark music

Hello!
I promised you to write about czech goth bands. Actually, there is not many goth bands here - and if yes, they are not very good. I'll write also about theese, which are not "true goth", but it has this important dark atmosphere and I think that it's good to know them. I don't like this "elite goth" bands that are stocked in one box of music (and sometimes fashion...).


1. Prouza
Old band from late 80's and early 90's.

2. Krch-off
If you are looking for some old-school postpunk/deathrock, this is not for you. A bit of viollin cliché, but theese lyrics!! And atmosphere of course!

3. Kazety
Modern way, lo-fi sound. Actually very minimalistic lyrics and everything. But I still think that this is very important band to know if you are goth in czech republic.

4. Psí vojáci
Yeah... Big boom of this band started last year when the singer died. Now everyone knows them and loves them and is one of theese old fans. But still it's important to know this band, I think. 



Than we have here some "true goth" bands. I don't like them so much, but I'm glad that we can have live music on our bat parties and that we can all just meet on their concerts.
for example... brand new band called THE CRYPT ...I would like to say a few words about them, but I just don't know. Im just happy that they are here now, but Im more guitar person and I miss this in their music. 
One day I found this band called TONGUE. I like the music, it's just this thing that I like, but... I think they don't play so much- maybe not anymore?
THE PROSTITUTES are also "something" like this. I don't like them so much... dont know why. I just... dont like something about them.
...and XIII. Století, I hate them :D


So... Yes, I have this strict opinion for pigeonholing music, I know. And also this strange opinion about czech goth community. They are just... in their corner, they are not open to something new which is not considered as "real goth". I think one day, I'll write some post about this. 

Have a nice days :) 
N.

4 comments:

  1. Krchovskýho a Tongue znám. Jinak na tenhle článek sem se fakt těšila, protože mám pocit že krom třináctýho století u nás nic vyloženě známýho není a ti sou souhlas s tebou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D jo, já bych byla vděčná za jakýkoliv tipy... tongue sem našla právě díky svýmu internetovýmu pátrání před pár tejdnama, jinak bych o nich vůbec nevěděla. a díky za to!!

      Delete
  2. koukám hele, že češtinu jste dali komplet bokem ? :D :)

    ReplyDelete