Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Inspiration - alternative maternity fashion

I don't want to became one of that terrible blogging high-funcional mother who posts everything about herself and her child, but... The problematics of alt maternity fashion is something I am now going through and I myself am desperately searching for something that would inspire me.
Here we go.

So. My wardrobe is starting to be limited, I can't wear shorts, my favourite tights are too small for my big butt, all my super favourite t-shirts are too tight. I don't want to buy new expensive pieces just for a few months.
So the main thing that I learned is that you need to pay more attention to jewelry. Don't be afraid to add some more elements than you used to.
Simple but stylish.. Jessie batt
The main routine for me is some chocker and one or two silver pendants as my ankh, hamsa or moon. I would also love wear some chainlet harnesses cause I think I need to decorate not just a neck part, but also around brests or belly.

Next thing I've learnd at this time is that I can wear whatever I want - if it fits. So I forgot about my old doubts "isn't this too much? isn't it too girly/provocative/masculine for me?"
I started to wear fishnet tights and leather jackets again. I am not afraid of stupid catcalls casue the truth is that if you're visibly pregnant, almost nobody will catcall you - and if yes, they are 100% idiots and it's not your problem. 

I'll have super-mega big belly in summer, so I am not so interested in cloaks, jackets, sweaters etc. The thing I am absolutely passionate about is TOP CROPS.
It's a big trend now, you can buy it everywhere. You can wear black harness-like top crop, psychedelic printed top crop, some super dark-evil printed top crop, whatever. 


I myself am proud owner of this witchy top crop. Now it looks so funny with my belly - it's like the witch is hexing my child down there :D 


Another thing I'm plaining to create is some laced oversized something that is wearable on bra or top crop. Something like this:
you can buy it here
It shouldn't be hard to sew it, but I need to find a good black laced fabric.

You can always wear any black over-sized black dress or dresses with typical maternity pattern, you can wear any black t-shirt, skirt with rubber waist, whatever... and than you can add whatever you want. Everything is about details! It's also good to play and combinate materials as leather, lace, velvet etc., but it's not a new information. 

But honestly.. I myself am just too lazy to goth-up myself, so I am wearing whatever I find comfortable. 



inspiring pictures..



No comments:

Post a Comment