Saturday, May 6, 2017

Music i liked but now i hate


Hi!

I am here after really long time. We were moving with my boyfried to a new flat and we didn't have internet connection here untill yesterday. I prepared this article few weeks ago and now im going to finally post it :) So enjoy!
Theese are my dark secrets and mostly I don't want to admit that I know any of following bands.


Arctic Monkeys
I was absolutely in love with Arctic Monkeys in 2010. I think they just recorded a new album at this time and they just started to be a bit more popular – but still not many people here knew about them. I also saw them live at summer 2010 and I was in the first line as a proper fan girl, hehe. Now I see them as a pop band for average teenage girls wearing „normal people scare me“ t-shirts. And maybe I need to admit that I was the same. But still... they were not so popular as now. 
lol and tumblr is full of theese "grunge aesthetic" pictures connected with arctic monkeys lyrics, I think it's cheap and i am so bored of this...


Nirvana
I loved them since my birth. I am 1994 kid and I was listening them even before I was born. But hey – i hate what it becomes thanks to society. Grunge is pop culture theese days, every shopping center is full of grunge fashion and cool grunge girls and famous smiley logo of nirvana is printed on everything. I also hate how every guy with guitar plays smells like teen spirit in every pub, trying to impress underaged girls. So yep – i like Nirvana as a band, but I don’t say it aloud. 


The XX
I found an article about them in music magazine when I was 14, eight years ago and it was the first music I’ve ever heard with such a calm atmoshpere. Now every hipster band has this dreamy voice and I am so fed up with it. 


The Pogues
I liked this irish rock genre before and I listened few more bands of this type. Now I hate it. I just can’t stand all theese happy flutes. Now the music is empty for me. Now I am able to listen some of it only when I am totally drunk. And maybee I’ll dance. 

 
Bob Dylan
I liked him because I thought that you need to know and like him to have an average knowledge about music. But noo, please, it’s not true. Bob Dylan might be an icon for many people, but his music is just folk and i fucking hate folk :D 


Ska-P
Seven years ago I was avarage teenager who had weed twice and thought this is my hymn and song of my life. I am so ashamed for this. I hate to hear it now. It’s okay if you’re same avarage teenager as me and you like it – but it’s not okay if youre an absolutely high adult who don’t want to admit that he’s too old for this and that weed is not just a funny game for him, but it’s an addiction. I also hate SKA so much for stupidly happy trumpets and fans and... just everything. I hate ska and I could write it 100x. I also hate reggae, but I have never listened reggae in my past, so it’s okay :D 


Emilie Autumn
I like her as a person, I like her fans, I like everything around her. Not as much as before, but I still need to admit that she was good icon for me – and still is. She has great opinions about politics and feminism, she has great interest in everything. I also really like her lyrics. But the music, oh my god, no. I don’t know why I was listening it. I hate musicals and it sounds like on of them. I hate girly pop voices and she has it. The only thing I like is the using of cemballo and viollins, but it sounds so cheap when you mix it with everything else. She uses synths so uncreatively as every pop band. Sometimes I try to listen some of her songs and I am in pain. I think many of her records are also badly mastered. And live concert? Don’t call it concert and it’s AWESOME show, but I expect live music from concert, not just obscesive singing and singing and than bad breathing. 


What are yours musical "sins"? Tell me your secret! :))

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Emilii máme stejný názor. Je fajn, estetiku má hezkou, vystoupení jsou taky na pohled hezké, ale bože, ta hudba :'D Kolikrát i ta kvalita zvuku je otřesná, ale mému "temnému" pozérskému já z minulosti to bylo zřejmě jedno.

    ReplyDelete