Wednesday, January 25, 2017

About communities and underground.

Hello.

I had a really lazy day today, I am a bit sick, so I slept for many many hours, and the rest of the day, I was watching some youtube videos from music documents throught harajuku fashion videos to goth youtubers and my head is full of thoughts...

I would like to start with the word community. Im not gonna tell you where and who, but I heard someone talking about "strega community" and it get my attention, cause I myslet think that it might be the community where I would love to have some friends and be part of it. But then I just realized that "community" probably means you're just followings other strega people on tumblr and they're following you and maybe youre liking or rebloging each others posts and thats it. They might know just your profile, not you, and if you will see them one day face to face, it's probably gonna be weird and tense? They might not be the same friends as they were online.
What community means today? I thought it's a group of people, they are connected, they want to help other members, they are on the same side, fighting together. But what I see is that today you're gonna write a label on your social media profile and that probably makes you part of the community...
I was trying to get into lolita comm few years ago. And I lost my interest soon. I was chilling with other lolitas in tearooms, but I was always the quiet one in the corner and I realized that fashion doesn't connect people and fashion meetings seems that they are organized because some group girls just wants to look good and have a pictures of themselfs. I've found some friends there, yes, one or two girls are still in my heart even if I havent seen them for ages, but they helped me a lot and that's the thing I'm looking for in community and in friendship. Support and help.
I tried to see what's happening in our goth community, cause it's probably much bigger than lolita or strega (I have to admith that strega certainly needs to be connceted via internet). Goth comm seems like it might be local thing almost everywhere. So there are some goths here in my city, but they're like 18 years old manson fans, experimenting with drugs, talking about satanism and reading books about manipulation and they are so selfish that even if it is some kind of local goth community, it can't really work as helpfull, calm and nice society I am looking for.
So I need to think about czech goth community in global and yes - it works. But it seems like there is just about 10 people at all. They are connected together, they're visiting concerts together, ordering LPs together, recommending music, organizing parties.. And on the parties, you can see so many other goths, but they are mostly lost, trying to find some stable status in community, but they ended up unseen and unimportant.


And it makes me think about us - modern generation. Our parents were living real underground. They wanted to fight with the system, my parents were aginst communism and my father was playing in forbidden hard core band. And it connected artists and free-minded people, community was created without any hard struggles and they had the same target in front of them - to destroy communism. We're just creating our perfect characters on social media, listening to music which was underground many years ago, but now it's just irrelevant (but of course still good) music. We need to move on somehow. Use the internet for informations and for organizing real events. We need to have a same goal and go for it together. Start with a little things with your friends and make it bigger and bigger.
I need the real underground!
so... my goal is to start with tattoing people as soon as it's possible and connect alternative people thru it. Make some money to run a club with my boyfriend and organize something like black saturdays to wake up the goth scene in our city. We need to fight the calmness of this stupid city, where all the alternative clubs are destroyed by higher politicians (they had to cancel so many antifa concerts last year, I was shocked).
I would love to connect all the strega lovers too, but I'm really not sure how. What could connect us? Just imagine the strega full moon meet up, it would be real witches ritual!  :D


Have nice day and don't forget to do today something that makes you happy :)
N.


2 comments:

  1. Teda, ty na ty gothiky moc štěstí nemáš, zdají se docela jako pozéři :D
    S lolita komunitou to mám podobně, raději se větším srazům vyhýbám. Móda lidi spojovat může, ale fakt nejsem tak velký fanoušek, abych znala nejnovější printy a jména návrhářek, abych se o nich s někým mohla bavit. *hides*
    Ani jsem nevěděla, že je nějaká komunita strig. Móda pěkná, ale když už se zapojit do komunity, šla bych spíš po wicce. Holky by si alespoň mohly vyměňovat kouzla, nebo něco :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak ti pražští (a nepražské tvrdé jádro) goths jsou vpohodě, ale ta hradecká skupinka, to opravdu nemá nic společnýho s tim, co si pod gotickou komunitou představuju :D
      A komunita strig asi vlastně vůbec neni, dneska se jako komunita nazývá kdeco -_- ale takové čarodějnické seance, to by bylo boží :D

      Delete