Sunday, January 29, 2017

My favourite things about the 80s

I see all around how 80's are on the rise in every possible way.. And I'm really happy about this fact, cause 80's is really my favourite era in "modern" society. And I'll tell you why.

GOTHS
Of course, one of the main reasons is that the goth subculture was born in 80's, club Batcave was the main scene and a lots of awesome music was on the rise. 
/from Buzzfeed.com/
AESTHETIC
Who doesn't know 80's aesthetic? Glam vibes, shiny materials, I just love this weird kitsch pop culture! The thing that lyrics were often telling stories. Perm hair and platform shoes and fake wind and big hair and curly hair and fringes and even bigger hair and shiny makeup everywhere. Aaaah i would love to see everyone around looking like this :D

look at this video, its full of things Im talking about.
And rest in peace, Pete Burns <3



WIM WENDERS MOVIES
I mean, it's really important moment in cinematography. Wim Wenders is my very favourite director and he shooted Paris Texas and Wing of Desire in 80's, his best work - in my opinion. He created modern art movies and inspired other directors. 

BAD (or at least weird) SCI-FI
It really is the capture for itself. I'll just mention... The Toxic Avenger, UHF, Flash Gordon, Total Recall, Gremlins... Still related with the point about aesthetic :D I love that theese movies are full of cheap effects and i just fuking love COSTUMES OF BODY, like... Costume of muscled chest, costume of scarred chest, costume of simply weird chest.


PLATFORM SHOES
and other things about glam rock fashion. I love the thing that mostly mans were wearing platform extravagant shoes. Why are mens so normal theese days? They should wear platform shoes or at least high leather boots! Let males wear what they want and stop calling it gay, it's nice and awesome and PLEASE i neeeeed it so much in my life!!

Bowie in platform shoes
DAVID BOWIE
we saw him on the picture about shoes, but he needs his own caption. I have nothing to add. Just - David - Bowie. And a lots of hearts and kisses.


SYNTHS
Synthesizers are coming back and they're also making many copies of old legendary analog synths! That's really one of the best things I can see now. Few years ago it was for weird geeks, but now it's comming back and I just love it! Minimal synth music, come to me.



Unfortunatelly, I'm 90's kid, so its really unknown history for me. I know some important cultural things, but I really don't know what was it to live at this time. But I am really curious how people will take in this 80's trend and if I'm not gonna start to hate it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment